Welcome to Teamatic,
the Enterprise web-based Case Management System
In order to help you start using Teamatic efficiently, we would like to
guide you through some of the initial setup steps.
Setting up new users
1) Login as Administrator ( The user who register this company into Teamatic
is the first Administrator ).
2) Click on the "Administration" tab.
This will bring you to the Company Info page.
3) From the area below the tab, choose "User Administration". You will see a list of all users in your
4) Click on the "New User" link on the upper left corner of the page to add
new users to your company.
5) Follow the instructions on the "New User" page to create Teamatic users.
Creating new projects
1) Login as Administrator.
2) Click on the "Projects [New]" link on the upper left corner of the main page ( To go to the main page, click on the "Home" tab ).
This will bring you into the "New Project" page.
Creating new releases
1) After creating a new Project, you will need to create releases for the project.
2) A project must have at least one release before you can log cases against it.
3) After saving a new Project, you will be brought to the "Project Properties" page ( Another way to navigate to the Project Properties page is by setting the current project on the upper right hand corner ).
Click on the "Releases [New]" link in the upper right hand corner of the Release section
to create a new release.
4) Alternatively, if you are in the "Home" page
, you can click on any project to go to the respective Project Properties
page and create new releases there.
Assigning users to the projects
1) Teamatic has implemented a security feature to allow you to secure projects.
2) When a project is first created, the person who created the project will be
assigned the Project Manager Role. At this time, no other user (except Company Administrators and the Project Manager) will have access to this project.
3) In order for other Teamatic users to be able to view/access a particular project,
they have to be assigned a role in that project. Currently, the available roles are
"Project Manager" and "Project User".
4) As a "Project Manager", you will be allowed to assign or revoke roles from users
for that project. You will also be allowed to create/freeze a release, log cases, etc.
5) As a "Project User", you will be allowed to create/update/view cases for a
6) As a "Project Read-only User", you will only be allowed to view cases for a
7) To maintain user roles, click on the "Project" tab and choose "User Management". You can assign/revoke roles from a user by highlighting the user and clicking on the respective arrow key.
8) Once you are finished assigning users to the projects, you can start logging cases!
Creating New Cases
1) You can create new cases ( bugs ) against a particular project in a variety of ways.
2) From the "Home" page, you can create a new case by selecting a project from
the "Create a new Case" section on the left hand side.
3) From the "Project Properties" page, you can create a new case by clicking on the
"New" link in the "Most Recent Cases" section.
4) Ensure that the "Current Project" is set, click on the "Case" tab and choose "New".
Viewing the Cases for a project
1) From the "Projects" section in the "Home" page, you can click on the "Me",
"Open" or "All" links.
2) The "Me" link will display a list of cases assigned to you.
3) The "Open" link will display a list of cases that are currently open for that project.
4) The "All" link will display all cases for that project.
5) Alternatively, you can click on the "View Cases" link on the "Project Properties"
6) Once you are in the case list, you can sort the cases by clicking on the headers.
7) You are also presented with a list of pre-defined queries on the menu bar to the top.
8) If you click on "Show... Custom", you can do ad-hoc queries on the logged cases.
Simply specify your search criteria and click "Search".
Creating a Company-wide Discussion
1) One of the coolest features in Teamatic is the ability to create a company-wide discussion.
2) Use the discussion feature to organize company-wide activities, post questions to colleagues,
send out corporate-wide messages, etc. It's up to your imagination!
3) Every Teamatic user can view, create, or reply to a discussion.
4) You can create a new discussion by clicking on the "New" link in the "Most Recent Discussion" section
in the "Home" page.
5) To see other messages in a particular discussion thread, click on the "More" link at the bottom of a
6) To reply to a message in a particular discussion thread, click on the "Reply" link at the bottom of a
7) To view all discussion threads, click on the "All" link in the "Most Recent Discussion" section in the
You are all set. Take full advantage of Teamatic now!